The Manager of the Central Business Office supports the Director and is responsible ensuring staff follow policies and work standard for the accounts receivable management throughout the organization.
The accounts receivable management is defined as: cash posting, billing, collections, insurance follow up, vendor management, customer service and denial functions. This position supervises the performance of the employees in the system business functions, and supports facility processes and resources with regard to all operational activities associated with patient and third party billing and follow-up, collections and reimbursement functions.
Must be capable of accounts receivable analysis, staff supervision, performance management and process improvement.
Objectives are to achieve and maintain high performing accounts receivable standards and strong system cash flow.
All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of Phoebe. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA, and other regulations, as appropriate.
- 2 year / Associate Degree in Business Administration or related field (Required)
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field (Preferred)
- 4 - 5 years Revenue Cycle (AR) management in a healthcare environment, preferably acute care hospital setting(Required)
- 2 - 3 years Healthcare leadership, managed care, insurance, third party reimbursement experience(Required)
Certifications and Licensures
- Required Certifications/Licensures :
- Certified Patient Account Representative (CPAR) certification or must be obtained within two years of employment.